One Pot Cajun Chicken | Easy Weeknight Dinners
This video was made in collaboration with BUSH’S Beans.
For more recipes & inspiration visit: Bushbeans.com/
SUBSCRIBE to The Domestic Geek here: http://bit.ly/1dn24vP
*Brand New* 30 Days of Smoothies eBook available now: http://bit.ly/230Smoothies
eBook Bundle | All three Meal Prep Made Easy eBooks for only $12.99: http://bit.ly/MealPrepBundle
Today we’re making my protein packed Cajun Chicken that can be made in under 30 minutes!
More Easy Weeknight Dinners: http://bit.ly/1RRcTWs
3 One Skillet Dinners: http://bit.ly/1MVornj
3 Sheet Pan Dinners: http://bit.ly/1HY7sor
Frequently Used & Favorite Items: http://amzn.to/2qTillc
Purchase my eBooks here:
Healthy Meal Plan 2017 eBook Available Now: http://etsy.me/2hRzjvi
*eBOOK BUNDLE* | All three Meal Prep Made Easy eBooks for only *$12.99*: http://bit.ly/MealPrepBundle
*NEW* 30 Days of Smoothies: http://bit.ly/230Smoothies
Meal Prep Made Easy eBook | Menus 1-6: http://bit.ly/MealPrepMadeEasy
Meal Prep Made Easy eBook | Menus 7 -12: http://bit.ly/MealPrepMadeEasy2
Meal Prep Made Easy eBook | Menus 13 -18: http://bit.ly/MealPrepMadeEasy3
Dinner Made Easy: http://bit.ly/DinnerMadeEasy
5 Weeks of Healthy Meal Prep: http://bit.ly/MealPrepeBook
Made with Love Holiday Recipes: http://bit.ly/MadewithLoveeBook
Find my Cajun seasoning here: http://thedomesticgeek.com/archives/460
One Pot Cajun Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
6 chicken thighs or legs
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 celery ribs, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1 cup rice
1 can BUSH’S Dark Red Kidney Beans
2 cups vegetable broth
1 can diced tomatoes, 15oz
salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet heat olive oil
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then fry for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the chicken is golden.
3. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
4. To the same skillet add onion, celery and bell pepper. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add minced garlic, Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper (if you like the heat.) Cook for an additional 30 seconds.
5. Add rice, BUSH’S Dark Red Kidney Beans, broth and diced tomatoes. Bring mixture to a simmer, return the chicken to the skillet and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*SOME links provided above are affiliate links