Wonton Burger Bites – Mind Over Munch
These wonton burger bites are the perfect healthy appetizer for a party! Also an easy healthy snack recipe! Learn how to fold, bake, and assemble mini wonton burger bites! A perfect way to satisfy your burger craving in a healthful, bite-size snack! Plus a few tips to stay fit and work out along the way… Be sure to check out http://mindovermunch.com
★ SUBSCRIBE for new videos! http://bit.ly/MindOverMunch ★
INGREDIENTS (Burger Bites)
• Wonton wrappers (you can find these in your local grocery store in the refrigerated section, usually near the tofu!)
• 1/2 tsp oil
• 1 tsp garlic
• 3/4 cup onion
• 1/2 lb extra lean ground turkey breast
• 1 cup spinach
• 1/2 cup tomato
• 2 Tbsp pickles or relish
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp onion powder
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
• 1 egg white
• Low fat cheddar cheese
1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook onions and garlic in oil.
2. Add ground turkey, breaking up the meat as it browns.
3. Add spinach, tomatoes, pickles, garlic/onion powder, paprika and salt and pepper.
4. Cook 6-10 minutes, until meat is cooked and spinach is wilted.
5. Preheat oven to 400F.
6. Assemble bites, filling each wonton with 1 tsp of meat mixture and 1/2 tsp low fat cheddar. Using your finger, brush water along the sides of the wonton wrapper to help seal as you press ends together. Use a fork to crimp along the edges. Store assembled wontons under plastic wrap until all are completed to prevent drying. Yields ABOUT 30 assembled wontons.
7. Brush egg white on wontons and place on baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed.
8. Spray with cooking spray and bake for 8-12 minutes, until browned and crisp!
This recipe yields about 30 servings.
NUTRITION per serving (1 wonton):
1/2 cup greek yogurt
2 Tbsp ketchup (feel free to use low sugar or sodium!)
1 tsp worcestershire
1 Tbsp sweet relish
1 Tbsp finely diced onion
2 Tbsp finely diced red bell pepper
dash of salt
Mix all ingredients together.
Devour with burger bites!
NUTRITION per 2 Tbsp serving (yields about 10)
11 calories, 2g carbs, 0g fat, 1g protein
If you liked this video, check out these videos
► Mini Meatloaf Muffins: http://youtu.be/WZBDFE7C1kg?list=PLt2…
► Homemade Pizza Rolls: http://youtu.be/xX9is1rLAYI?list=PLt2…
► Lasagna Roll-Ups: http://youtu.be/IYoKCynbzvk?list=PLt2…
*Special thanks to Robert Almeida for introduction illustrations.
**Special thanks to Soma Brooklyn for the use of their facilities
☺Connect with me! ☺
☮ Instagram: http://instagram.com/alyssiasheikh
☮ Snapchat: alyssiasheikh
☮ eBooks: http://www.mindovermunch.com/ebooks
☮ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MindOver…
☮ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MindOverMunch
☮ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mindovermunch
☮ Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/mindovermunch
☮ Website: http://www.mindovermunch.com
₪ If you’d like to support our channel directly to help us continue to create great content, check out our Patreon page and consider becoming a patron of the channel. We offer exclusive rewards to thank our patrons! ₪
☯ Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/mindovermunch… ☯
The information provided on this channel is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. You should not use the information on this channel for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. Consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you suspect you might have a health problem.