GREENSBORO — The Guilford County Division of Public Overall health has been named the 2021 North Carolina General public Well being Association Dr. Sarah Taylor Morrow Health Section of the Yr. This award is given to wellness departments who have shown excellent and exemplary overall health initiatives and applications.
The health department was awarded the NCPHA Health Section of the Yr for its exclusive ability to offer COVID-19 services while concurrently addressing priority health and fitness issues in Guilford County. Dr. Iulia Vann is director of the Guilford County well being department.
“Receiving this award is a complete-circle and historic instant for the GCDPH — as the award is named in honor of Guilford County’s very first woman Public Wellness Director, Dr. Sarah T. Morrow,” Vann stated in a information release.
“When Dr. Morrow, who nonetheless follows us incredibly closely from her household in Wilmington, NC, located out that we obtained this award she stated, ‘Well of system they did!’ This is these a special moment for us and it is definitely an honor to continue the rich legacy of monumental achievements in community wellbeing in Guilford County,” Vann stated.
Folks are also reading…
Some of the department’s work regarded in the conclusion consists of:
- Guilford County Previously Incarcerated Transition Plan
- Care management for large hazard pregnancy
- Addressing the requirements of community members with housing insecurity
- Collaborative opioid awareness and outreach efforts
- COVID-19 screening, deal tracing, surveillance, vaccinations, mitigation and a nationally recognized communication marketing campaign.
Award winners receive a prize of $1,000.